Hey guys, I’ve been working for a long time on a board that I call the TZATZIFFY 🙂
It is a TZATZIKI (SD card) + a ZIF connector to for an external Display. But have a look:
- Micro SD Card slot on the back, connected to CHIP via SDIO interface (faster compared to SPI)
- DC/DC display back-light driver that works with all 40mA Displays. I’ve tested multiple inexpensive 5″ and 7″ Displays, e.g. this 7″ for only $25
- 40-pin 0.5mm ZIF display adapter for resistiv touchscreen enabled displays (usually 800 x 480)
- Small 3W audio amplifier to connect some tiny speakers to chip.
- Dedicated micro USB Jack to power the Board + CHIP with only one power source
I’ve started this development in the Forum with some support from the glorious CHIP community, but I’m still not sure if I should build a couple of them! Therefore I need your help to determine the interest in this board. Please write a short comment to this post to let me know that you would be potentially interested and I’ll build a couple of them if the interest is big enough 🙂 The first three board will go out to those who have supported me in the forum to get some test-mileage.
But wait … there is more …
The TZATZIFFY was made to work as solder free SD only extension for Pocket CHIP! (replacing the TZATZIKI). This is prototype Nr 7, so you see that I’ve done quite some tinkering. I’ve received 25 Boards and it seamed to be the perfect design, small drills that would clamp on the pins of pocketchip, without bending.
It worked perfectly for 5 out of 25 boards. 3 had too big drilled holes, 17 too small holes .. unusable. So this is obviously a very tricky topic and I’ll dig further into it, but the good news is: I got 5 working boards (SD only) to give away for brave testers. They SHOULD work and I’ve tested all on my two PocketCHIP but I can’t guarantee it. I’ll throw them in the shop and you can decide if you want to test it.
Is that it? … It’s not!
I’ve received quite some requests for more QUESO II USB-HUB’s with power supply’s.
and build some more! Those will be available in the shop as well.
Aaaaand that’s it for now .. leave me comments!!